Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cha Cha 2009 Event Details






Cha Cha 2009 in partnership with the Allende Arts Festival is excited to be running its third installment. Here are the details:

Saturday, September 19th @ 8:00pm
$10 (no one turned away for lack of funds)
The Revival - Stone Lounge
783 College Street (at Shaw)

Theme: mi cuerpo, mi casa - "my body is my home"

Featuring artists:

brescia birdthroat bloodbeard
Victoria Mata
Naila Keleta Mae
janet romero leiva
Karleen Pendelton-Jimenez
Dianah Smith

With emerging artists from the mentorship program:
Teresa Cheng
Gabriela Etcheverry

Come and celebrate the diversity of women's voices in Toronto on sexuality and homeland!

Curated and femceed by:
La Loba - mónica rosas

Event Coordinator:
Angela Britto

Photography art by Kelly A Schnurr

After party with D.J JOLA spinning R & B, Hip Hop & Soca beats!

2 comments:

Michel F. Pare said...

Interesting event, to bad its only posted on Xtra. Well I found the event date there by accident. I sure Queer West doesn't know about it. I just check their Todays events and only RAG and SWAGGER are listed for the Sept 19.

Vivi said...

I so wish I could be there...good luck Mon!!! I'm so proud--it's going to be a wikkid time!